Unconnected Faction Claiming

Discussion in 'Important Information' started by M450NC, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M450NC

M450NC OWNER
    Staff Member

Faction land claims no longer have to be connected in order to claim.

Thoughts?

2. red892

red892 New Member

The new feature added in the other day allows factions to claim land outside of their original land, this brings up many problems as well as solutions. lets first start with the positive side of things, the positive thing is that now factions can allow sub-factions to build in other areas, this also allows for another base in case the first one gets destroyed, but lets talk about the negative things now. The big negative factor in this is that big factions have been racking up power, and with this new feature being added in, they can now spend that power building another huge base, this can very easily turn a few factions into alpha factions, meaning they rule over the server. Another downside to this is when raiding, you can claim a tnt cannon while attacking something, now usually this isnt bad, but with this player-base, its rather "inexperienced" and I feel that they wont be able to react accordingly to the new additions. Now, had this feature been implemented at the start, then it would've been a different story, everyone would have had an equal opportunity to claim land and continue on, but as of date, only the people who have been on here the longest have the chance to expand a lot. Please reconsider your decision

Archthious likes this.
  3. Connor

Connor Helper
    Staff Member

Respectfully, I think you're wrong. I've been playing for little over a month and I have 2.5mil, am Cook and Helper, and have a fairly active and growing faction. Yes, we are going to expand. Yes, we want to protect our people's homes elsewhere. But, I think people can develop rather quickly. I'm not the best at PvP and yet I'm still fairly equipped for it. TNT cannons can be claimed but that's just a part of it all, and it'll still take the cash from them. If the fac is too weak and has most of its land elsewhere, their power will slip below the number of chunks claimed so it might be something for the faction members to consider before claiming land.

I currently think the implementation was a good one and still stand for it just like I advocated for it originally. Claiming an area of land 10 chunks by 10 chunks will cost $500,000. Factoring power into this too, it isn't a small sum of money and not a tiny consideration to make. So, it's not as though every chunk in wild will be claimed, of course not! If individuals want to /f money deposit X and claim X/5000 chunks for themselves, I say so be it.

4. red892

red892 New Member

I am in no way saying that this is a bad in general, what i am saying though is that It is a bad decision to implement it in the middle of a season. As i said in the previous post, had it been put into play at the start it would be great, matter of fact most faction servers have it already. But if you place it in mid season, it only benefits people who are already sorta Alpha Factions.

#4 red892, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  5. M450NC

M450NC OWNER
    Staff Member

This feature will remain as it is heavily used and liked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.