Allow mafiamc.net/forum threads to be linked and posted into public chat.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Doggo, May 21, 2018.

?

Add this?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Doggo

Doggo New Member

This would greatly benefit the server because it would increase the popularity to the forums. Most players are not even aware that there are currently forums because they have no way to really know about them. If you begin to hear more and more from your current playerbase, they will be willing to contribute much more to your server as far as ideas, ranks, and participation in events.

2. Connor

Connor Helper
    Staff Member

Every so often the automated messages at the bottom of the chat tells people to check the forums - they're there for a reason. I agree, people should be more aware of the forums as at the moment not many people post here. It's a really good opportunity to discuss things outside of Discord, my only concern is that if Mason and Goat try to allow the forum links the ip/web address filter in chat wouldn't detect other links (if I'm wrong, someone correct me)

3. Doggo

Doggo New Member

It would not affect the current chat system. All that would be needed is to add a small bypass to the filter for links under the domain of "mafiamc.net"
    to be posted in chat. Its a very simple edit to the plugin for a chat filter. If needed, I could send you the code necessary for it. It is quite simple to create/add.